- This event has passed.
The ASAM Review Course 2019
July 25, 2019 - July 27, 2019
The Essential Primer in Addiction Medicine…
The ASAM Review Course in Addiction Medicine is widely recognized as the essential primer for physicians and other healthcare professionals who are preparing for a career in addiction medicine, as well as for primary care providers who wish to increase their skills in identifying and managing patients whose medical problems are caused or exacerbated by substance use disorders. ASAM’s Review Course has had a major impact on advancing scientific knowledge among physicians and other healthcare professionals.
The course offers two-and-a -half days of sessions which are mapped to the addiction medicine exam blueprint of topics for the exam and features an outstanding lineup of faculty. Over 600 medical professionals attended this popular course in 2018.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge on the neurobiology of addiction and articulate its activity in terms useful in a clinical setting
- Describe the effects of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in both tolerant and non-tolerant individuals
- Describe the process for diagnosing addiction and differentiating the symptoms of addiction from those of other medical or psychiatric disorders
- Explain the various pharmacologic and psychosocial treatments for addictive disorders and describe the factors that should be considered in selecting a treatment modality to match the needs of a specific patient
- Describe the precipitants of relapse and current evidence-based practices to prevent and manage relapse
Who Should Attend
The ASAM Review Course in Addiction Medicine provides an up-to-date review of the core content of addiction medicine for:
- Physicians preparing for the ABPM Board Certification Examination in addiction medicine
- Addiction specialists seeking a “refresher” course that incorporates recent developments in addiction science and practice
- Non-specialist physicians and other healthcare professionals needing the knowledge to identify and manage problems related to substance use disorders for their patients
Join in Dallas, TX
The ASAM Review Course hotel is The Hilton Anatole. It offers a first-class experience with southern hospitality featuring the largest hotel art collection in the U.S., numerous restaurants and the finest facilities. This hotel is located 10 minutes from the Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL) and only 5 minutes from uptown and downtown Dallas for even more dining, shopping and entertainment experiences.