Reports to: Clinical Director
Assess and treat individuals with mental, emotional, or substance abuse problems, including abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and/or other drugs. Activities may include individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, case management, client advocacy, prevention, and education.
- Master degree in Social Work, Psychology, or another licensure-eligible field of study. • Licensed in the state of Utah as one of the following: CSW, LCSW, AMFT, LMFT, AMHC, CMHC
- CPR certification
- 1-year of working experience as a therapist/clinician in an in-patient recovery center. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide weekly individual, group, and psycho-education & family therapy interventions to assist patients in meeting treatment goals
- Engages clients quickly and builds a strong rapport with clients
- Evaluate and assess individualized needs for treatment
- Responsible for group facilitation and contributes to group curriculum
- Conduct relevant clinical assessments, create treatment plans, and ensure patient compliance and progress to treatment plan
- Collaborate with counselors, physicians, or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and patient needs
- Counsel or aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting the client or patient.
- Modify treatment plans according to changes in client status.
- Conducts Biopsychosocial assessments, suicide screenings and utilize additional assessment tools as clinically indicated. Completes clinical documentation timely. • Clinical documentation
- Effective documentation to support current level of care
- Complete weekly updates evaluating treatment goals
- Completion of clinical progress note after each session within 24 hours
- Manages aftercare plans and discharge planning.
- Collaborate with case manager to establish aftercare plans
- Facilitate effective discharge planning to ensure patient success after
- Collaborating with family and referral sources
- Works effectively with families and referral sources to create a system of
- Fully licensed individuals, meeting requirements may provide licensure supervision
- Other duties as assigned.
- Areas of Specialty:
- _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform the job duties and responsibilities of the job outlined above. • Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of mental dysfunctions, and guidance.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written communication skills. • Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, problem solve, and resolve conflicts for individuals and groups.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.